Friday, July 22, 2011

Good Quote

Rhett and I were talking this morning and he told me about this quote he read by Emma Watson on Facebook posted by one of my best of friends Kaley. He pulled it up for me to read and I totally LOVE it and thought I would share it with you all.



“I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.”

-Emma Watson

Looking back on my life there are quite a few years I refer to as "the lost years". You know when your trying to grow up, but you don't really know who you are, and you try all sorts of things thinking at the time that they are you, when really your just portraying who ever your hanging out with at the time.

I feel like I have taken on many different identities from my Jr. year in high school clear to 2008 when I finally moved back home from college. I just remember feeling so lost, feeling like I didn't know who I was or what I wanted from life. My style was always the thing that changed. For a time I wore immodest clothing always feeling awkward and really uncomfortable. It just wasn't me, but it was the me I thought I wanted at the time.

I am proud to say that I feel like I have found myself again. It was so refreshing when I met Rhett cause I knew the he loved ME.. not me pretending to be me.. {if that makes sense..} I really always was a modest person.. I love simplicity. I have always felt like less is more.. I feel like once again I am finally living my life the way I should be. I feel like my family can once again finally be proud of who I've become.

I love how grounded Emma Watson seems. Becoming a mom really makes me hope that I can raise our Nadya never fearing to be herself. I hope that in this world of ever failing morals and values she will never be afraid to stand strong for what she believes.

1 comment:

  1. Lyn I found your blog! So I LOVE your post. Thank you for Sharing the quote on Facebook and for going into so much depths on your blog. I went through the same thing and I see my sister in law going through it now. I almost wish I could bump her on the head sometimes like I wish I would have been bumped on the head myself :) You are going to be one amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete