Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Best 4th of July Ever!

So I was going to wait to post pics from our 4th till I do my weekly photo post next week but, we had so much fun I couldn't help but post some pics of our adventure.


4th of July 11'

Our morning started out nice and early, our branch joined with 2 wards for breakfast. It started to rain and was yucky and overcast. I was so worried it would ruin my favorite holiday.
After that we came home and took a quick nap.
Later we went to downtown Louisville for a carnival along the Ohio. We didn't quite plan it out well tho cause Fireworks didn't start till 10:15 and we were there at 3.. {oops!}
My pregnant body wasn't to happy with all the walking around so around 7 we started to head back to the truck to rest and find a spot to watch the fireworks.
On our way back to the truck this really nice couple asked us if we wanted 2 free tickets to the Louisville Bats game and watch fireworks from the stadium. Their friends canceled last min and they didn't want the tickets to go to waste! We were Like, "Heck Ya!!" So we turned around and went to the stadium and watched the game and fireworks! it was so fun! The seats were the bomb! We were so close! And I got to fulfill a life long dream of going to a Game and eating a hotdog! It was a foot long!! {I totally meant to take a picture but I was so hungry I got halfway thru by the time I remembered I wanted to take a picture! Oh well!}
Growing up Rhett always played in the Menan softball tournament. It was kinda a bummer that he didn't get to play this year it had become a tradition. When we got the tickets to this game it totally made up for missing it!
We decided as long as we we're here in Louisville were going to go to the game as OUR new 4th of July tradition!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day and a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics Lyn! Looks like a great day and would be a really fun tradition! Just think, Nadia will be close to being 1 next 4th of July. ;) Just puttin that out there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete