Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here's to Projects

So I realize it's been 3 weeks since my last photo post.. and unfortunately there probably isn't going to be another one anytime soon. It's hard to come up with ideas to take pictures of.. I feel like we really had nothing going on except making food. As wonderful as food is I didn't think it was worth making a collage of.

We have been keeping somewhat busy the last 2 weeks..

I'm finally making friends! It's great! It's funny how much I have in common with one of my new friends Dani! She grew up in L.A. and played WATER POLO! {totally awesome cause now I can finally talk to someone about it and maybe someday throw the ball around!} She has a 14 month old little boy who is such a doll! {We secretly plan for Nadya and little Dallin to fall in love someday.. hee hee! :)} She also took photography in high school and college and is going to teach me how to better use my camera! Last week Dani took me shopping and gave me fantastic opinions and ideas for the things I do and don't need to still get for my Nadya. {I love shopping with Rhett but it's so nice to go shopping with a girl, especially one whose a mom and has already gone thru it} We also went swimming a couple times last week at another new friends house. I didn't realize how heavy my tummy was till after I got out of the pool.. I was amazed by the difference! It was great to just float in the pool!

We finally bought paint to finish our "Honey Do" list! Our first week in our apartment {First week in May} we found a nice kitchen table and chairs out on the curb for any one to take, and take it we did. I think it was in a smokers home tho cause it smelled a little icky.. so we decided to sand it down and paint it. The table and chairs have so many curves which is cool but it made sanding it down a little difficult. Needless to say sanding it took a little longer then we expected. While we were at it we decided to sand and paint our bedroom dresser. We bought the paint on Saturday and have been painting like maniacs ever since!! We obviously want to get it done before Nadya comes. I hope by next week we will be done. I'll make sure to post before and after pics of the "Honey Do" projects.

I just got commissioned this week to crochet 30 cute headband head wraps for the Rigby High School Cheerleaders! I'm really excited to do this! I came up with the pattern all on my own, it's my first time making anything like this but I think they are turning out great! I really want to try and sell some of the products I have been making and this is getting me well on my way!
It would be a dream come true to be able to turn my love for crafts and crochet into my own little private business.

Last Friday we had another Dr. appointment. I guess my little Nadya's tummy measured small in the ultrasound they did at the last appointment. They did another ultrasound this appointment to check and see if there was any growth of her tummy. The Dr. called and everything is fine, she said she is completely proportionate and that it had probably measured weird cause of the angle. {I could have told them she would have a tiny tummy due to the fact that Rhett and I are thin!}
We found out at the appointment that she weighs 5lbs 1oz already. They say at this stage of the pregnancy baby's tend to gain about a half a pound a week. So far this fact has been true for our Nadya. Supposedly we still have 6 weeks. If she keeps baking for another 6 weeks I'm going to be delivering at least an 8lb baby.. The thought of this terrifies me for some reason. I find myself hoping she'll come a little early and still be healthy. I hear the odds of that happening especially with the first are slim. Please pray for me!! :)

In June I made the bumper for my Nadya's crib. I have been wanting to buy ribbon to sew on so we can attach it to the crib but was waiting to buy it. I decided this week that since I only have 6 weeks left {unless I get lucky and she comes early and healthy} that I needed to finally get this project finished. I'm happy to say of all the many projects we have going on right now, I finally finished that one today! It turned out great! I love it! I'll take some pics once we get our house back together and we get the boxes of books that are currently being stored in the baby room out.

And last but not least I painted a scripture on canvas for my Nadya's room. It turned out great! {You'll see pictures of it when I post the pics of the bumper I made.}

I hope you all have had a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I found your blog! And you are quite the crafter! I can't wait to see pictures of the baby stuff you have finished! And can't wait to see pictures of your little girl when she comes! Congratulations on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete