Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Birthday..

So Rhett came home last night from work and saw that I had updated the blog and the first thing he said was..... "You left out your birthday!! You have to post about your birthday." {I tried to get him to do the post about my birthday. Obviously I lost!} So here's the break down of my Wonderful day!

7.16.2011
Rhett woke me up with breakfast in bed.. it was super sweet! I do most of the cooking so it's a real treat when he makes something for me! We had German pancakes with home made maple syrup and peach juice! {All made by Rhett except the juice, my husband is awesome!}
Then we went to, "The Worlds Best Flea Market"! It was fun! We walked around and found a local fruit and vegetable grower that we plan on buying from for now on! {I love supporting local growers! It's always ripe, tastes sooo much better, and it's cheaper!!} Ever since we moved to Kentucky Rhett has wanted to check out this Flea Market.. He says, "Flea marketing is a must do when living in the south."
After flea marketing we got some tasty Grater's Ice Cream! I L.O.V.E. ice cream! I don't think you can ever have enough! Then we went on our way to HARRY POTTER!! I am a huge Harry Potter fan! {Even tho I only read books 1-4 we have all the movies!} We loved it! They did such a good job! I'm a little bummed tho cause Rhett and I have gone to see the movies for my birthday every year.. I don't know what we are going to do now that it's over.. :(
After the movie Rhett treated me to dinner of my choice so I chose Red Robin.. YUMM!! We kinda stuffed our faces on popcorn at the movie so we shared onion rings and their tasty guacamole burger. The Burger was.. ok.. we should have sent it back when I look back on it cause the guacamole was kinda brown and had obviously been sitting out long enough to turn brown.. It still tasted good tho. I say we should have sent it back cause by midnight we both had horrible tummy aches that lasted clear thru Sunday.. :( I can only assume it was the burger.. Even tho the day ended on a kinda sour note it was a fantastic day! I loved every minuet of it {even the tummy ache part cause Rhett snuggled with me :)}!

So there was the break down of my birthday! It came and went so fast! Truth be told, I feel exactly the same! no older no younger... just me! Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!
I feel so lucky to be married to a wonderful man who loves me and loves to surprise me! Even tho things don't always work out quite as well as we plan them to, we always have fun. He helps me remember how important it is to see the humor in life, to laugh when there's not much more you can do. Thanks for being wonderful!

2 comments: