Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blessings

Before we left Idaho my step sisters threw me a baby shower, it was so much fun. I honestly thought it was the only one I was going to have. About a week and a half ago the wonderful ladies in our branch threw me a baby shower! It was so much fun and a wonderful surprise! We were given so many things that we really needed but were unable to purchase on our own.
We are so grateful for all the help and support our family and friends have given us. The past year has been so crazy. So much has happened and changed and we wouldn't be able to make it thru with out everyone's help, love and most definitely the friendships!
We want to make sure everyone knows how grateful we are! We are so blessed.

We have 4 weeks left before our little Nadya comes. I think we finally have everything we need.
There is one item I have really been wanting since we found out we were moving to Kentucky, a video camera. I couldn't make up my mind on if it was something that was a need or want. With a tight budget I felt like a camera was more of a want then a need till I realized a few things.
It was hard to move away but it seemed especially difficult since we are expecting. I feel terrible taking away some precious memories from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Especially with this being Rhett's family's first grand baby. I finally decided that if they could not be here to watch her grow that I need to try and capture those moments on tape for us and our family members.
In our first ward in Idaho there was a family who lost their 15 month old baby. It was a terrible accident. Hearing how grateful they are for the pictures and video tapes they have of her really helped me realize that a video camera is something that we needed. If something were to ever happen I would never forgive myself for not splurging a little to capture precious memories.
So after months and months of watching adds and prices I finally found it! We got the Flip video camera today for $50 bucks at the worlds best store.. Best Buy! No we didn't get the latest and greatest model, or the camera with the coolest features, but for $50 dollars it works perfectly! I'm so excited to use it! I have heard good things about the Flip. I love that it's going to be so easy to upload the video on to our computer {especially since our only working computer is a netbook that doesn't have a CD drive}. It will be so easy to upload the videos on to the blog as well so all our friends and family can easily see! It's great! This find was a wonderful deal, a true blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you Lyn. I need a flip video camera too. I must take more videos of my kiddos, but my specialty lies in stills. hmmm. We had a really nice Sony video cam and figured out when we wanted to use it for Timmy's birth that it no longer worked. :( so sad!

    I can't wait to meet Nadya. I'm so excited for you and Rhett!

    ReplyDelete