Monday, June 20, 2011

Creating Much With Very Little

I realize it's been over a week since I last posted. Being a new stay at home mom (waiting a few more months on the mom part..) I have to find things to occupy my time. I really need to pick up a book and read or learn Russian or something, but lately I've found myself researching other blogs and creative sites. I've gotten some really good ideas for things I want to learn to do, and things that I want to make to decorate our home. With the tight budget a lot of these things have been put in my "Creative To Do" list. I have however been able to make a few things with stuff that I seriously have had for years. Hence the title of my post today.. "Creating Much With Very Little". Here are some pictures of a few things I have done.


DSC_0170

I wish I had a picture of what decorated our dresser in our master bedroom before. I took some picture frames and candles and set them on top. I do have grand plans to paint the dresser white before baby comes. My goal is to paint it sometime in July. It will look better then this at some point.. :)

DSC_0171

These are pins Rhett collected on his mission. He has wanted to display them in some way for a long time. His mom gave me the frame something she has had for a while and I bought the fabric about a year ago and thought I'd put it to use. I love how it turned out!

DSC_0169

I crocheted this heart garland and I just stuck pictures to it using paper clips. I plan to use cuter clips at some point but I think for now it looks ok..

DSC_0159

DSC_0161

DSC_0162

DSC_0163

DSC_0164

When Rhett and I found out we were pregnant we had this grand plan to slowly buy things before they were born so we didn't have to spend a ton of money on things we still needed. The very first thing we bought was this 5 pack of plain white onesies.
Last week I felt like doing something creative but had no idea what to do, then I remembered I had plain white onesies just screaming for some attention!
Some of the fabric I used was left over's, others I bought in high school planning to make a skirt, and the fabric for the yellow N actually came from a T-shirt Rhett bought me when we were first dating, it was to small and never fit so I never wore it!
I love these onesies! There are a few things that I plan on doing differently on the next set I make but for this being batch one I think they look great!
I really want to make some for little boys so all my friends expecting little boys you've been warned! :)

Hope some of these pictures help inspire some creative thinking!
Happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Lyn! Way to utilize what you already have. The onesies... so ADORABLE! You're amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete